Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recap of early days of 2012

I noticed I hadn't blogged since Jan 3rd so I figured I was about due for a new post. Been busy working and keeping house the last 2 weeks. Sounds like nothing really exciting ever goes on around here but I promise it does. Hubs and I have been married 1.5 years as of Jan 10th. Hard to believe we are coming up on 2 years already.
Hubs step-brother also came to stay with us yesterday for an indefinite amount of time while he looks for work. It wont be too hard for him to find something, it will definitly be a lot easier then him looking for work in his small hometown.

I've also been starting to help my best friend plan her wedding. I've given her lots of website info and tips I've learned over the course of planning my own wedding. I've even helped her look for photographers and offer my advice on which one I'd recommend to her (she is getting married in a totally different province so she can't use all my wedding vendors). It's so exciting to be back into wedding planning without the stress of it being my wedding or money.

I've also been dealing since Christmas, with the fact that my mom's quite sick. I know I've mentioned it on here briefly in a post and I promise I'll post more but frankly right now, I just don't feel like talking about it. I hate the fact that I even have to think about it, the fact that its even an issue, and that of all things its happening to my mom. And of course it couldn't be some easy thing to solve, heck it couldn't even be something common and above all it had to be something advanced and aggressively malignant. At this point in time I often go through the days feeling numb at points, feeling frustrated she has to go through and deal with all this and that we as a family have to even use the word Cancer in our family. I hate saying the name, I'm trained to diagnose cancer, but the word is so evil and hated and at times I wish I could just erase it but I can't and so we are going to have to learn to deal with it, deal with Miss Mable (as we call the tumor) and hope as hard as hell that she can get through this. We all remain positive and will continue to remain positive through this difficult journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment