Thursday, January 19, 2012

New purchases!!

I had a girls day out shopping with my mother in law last week. It was nice to get out, catch up and do a little shopping. While at the mall, my mother in law wanted to stop in to Payless Shoes. Generally I don't shop there too often because I never seem to find what I'm looking for. This time was a different story. I've been looking for a nice pair of winter boots for a long time. I wanted something that preferably didn't have a heel, was black in color and wasn't too expensive. While in Payless, I came across these:



I instantly fell in love with them. They are so comfortable and warm, and even though they have a wedge heel, they dont feel unstable. I also couldnt resist the fact that they were on sale from $69.99 for $27!!

My other splurges for the day included 3 new bottles of nail polish. The first is "Little Brown Dress" by Essie. I've never purchased nail polish from Essie before but I've been on the search for a brown nail polish for a while and Essie was the first brown polish I've come across. I applied it to my toes the other night, and absolutely love it. Its quite dark when it goes on but doesn't have the harshness of black polish. My only complaint was the brush was a little weird in the application of the polish.

My next purchase was the OPI, Turquoise Shattered Polish. Again, I have never bought OPI polish so this was another first for me. A nail salon was having a buy 1 get 1 half off sale so I figured why not. I haven't tried it yet, but I love the color in the bottle and I'm really excited to try it. I know the crackle polish fad is most likely over, but its still fun for the toes in the summer.

My last purchase was OPI's Overexposed in south Beach. I loved the berry look of this color and it was different then colors I already own. I have yet to try it, but I think it will become a summer favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment