Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I came across this recipe on a fellow bloggers site and thought I'd add it to my recipe collection to try.

Alfredo Sauce


Ingredients:

5 tablespoons sweet butter {I just used regular salted butter...not sure if it's any different}

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 cups heavy cream

1/4 teaspoon white pepper {never heard of white pepper, so I just used black. Not sure how much I threw in but waaay more than 1/4 teaspoon...I really like black pepper}

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

1 (12 ounce) box angel hair pasta


Directions:

Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins

1 Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.

2 Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.

3 Stir often.

4 Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.

5 When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY. {After this step the sauce was a little glue-y for my taste, so I just added some more cream and it was perfect}

6 While the sauce cooks, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.

7 Place pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment