- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water
- Peel them and immediately mash them, let cool
- Mix the warm milk with the yeast and sugar (Let the starter sit for 5 or 10 minutes)
- Mix mashed potatoes with flour and the salt. Start with 1 1/2 cups and add more flour to
make a kneadable dough. Knead dough well.
- Put dough in a bowl and cover.
- Let dough rise in a warm place until double in bulk. About 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin on a floured board to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into rectangles, squares or circles. Prick with a knife to keep big bubbles from
- Melt Lard in a frying pan so it is at least 1/2 deep.
- Fry Langos over medium heat. (If lard is too hot they will burn, if lard is to cool the
Langos will absorb too much lard)
- When they are done, rub each Langos with a cut clove of garlic and sprinkle with salt
and Paprika or as a treat sprinkle them with sugar and cinnamon.
Serve warm. (Good to accompany Bean or Lentil Soups, or a snack with beer or wine.)
Recipe from http://homepage.interaccess.com/~june4/langospotatocakes.html.