Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Random Thoughts......

April has come and gone and now we are into May. April ended with me finishing my 3 day first aid course at work and May started with me getting a week long vacation from work!!! Last week, I also submitted my resume and reapplied for my job. Apparently there are cutbacks and they can only keep half of us so they are running another competition and whoever is picked gets a permanent full time job out of the deal. This has me a little irked as I have been at my job for almost 3 years (with even more prior experience at my job in another location) and I have to fight against people who were just hired for one of the permanent positions.

Hubs has 13 days off so I decided to take the week off with him so we could spend some time together and just relax and venture around. Yesterday Hubs and I went up Island with my mother in law to visit Hubs' grandparents and great grandmother. We missed her 90th Birthday party the week before because we were working so we planned a day trip up for a visit and lunch together. It was a great day visiting, and I got to meet Hub's great grandmother finally. She is such a sweet lady and really funny. I also got to see some old photo albums, Hub's grandmother had of his mom and dad when they were married. It was great to see this new side of family history. Other then it being gray and rainy on our trip up it was a great day visiting family.

After we dropped Hub's mom off at home we headed back home as we were having our first official over night house guest staying with us. While we were waiting for Hub's friend to come over, our photographer came over and finally gave us our wedding album. It's absolutely gorgeous and well worth the wait. I'll have to take some pics of it and post them online for everyone to see. Our photographer also said if we picked our large portrait for him to print, he would get it professionally framed for us at no charge.

One of Hub's friends was flying out early the next day so we said he could crash at our place the night before and leave his car since we love close to the airport. We went out for supper and tried a new place called Beacon Landing Restaurant. The view from the restaurant was amazing out over the water and the atmosphere inside was really nice. The menu, however, was kinda ok. The food was good, but not outstanding and prices were a little steep for the portions and type of food they served. It was good to say we tried it, but not a restaurant we are in a rush to head back to.

Later in the evening one of Hub's coworkers came over and picked up our old corner unit computer desk. He did a trade with them so they got our desk and we are getting a bookshelf from them. It's great when you're able to swap items and get what you want without having to put out money. Plus it saved the computer desk from going out in the garbage.

This morning Hub's and I woke up bright and early as we had a car appointment at 9. Our car has been making some squeaking noises so we were taking it in to be checked out. Come to find out there were a couple other squeaks the mechanic found while on the test drive and the car required parts but luckily for us it was all under warrenty. The downside is we need to make another appointment to get the parts installed later in the week. While we were waiting for our car to be checked out we headed to the mall. Hub's bought a new video game and I picked up a mother's day card for my mom. We also picked up some floor protectors for our couch legs. Since we still had some time to kill, we headed over to Pier 1 Imports. We generally don't shop there and I haven't been in one for ages. We ended up coming home with a huge ceramic vase that was marked down from $120 to $19. Yes you read that right, we saved $100 on the vase and it will work perfect in our house. Here is a pic of the vase from the store website:

After we picked up the car we went and picked up our new vanity mirror and shelf that came in. Thursday we are going on a day trip adventure with one of Hub's coworkers and his soon to be wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment