Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Days off...

The reno's are finally just about done. The contractor has almost completed everything on my to do list :) All thats left to do is a little bit of finishing touches in our masterbathroom and thats it. I'm so excited that we are near finished, especially since its been going on for over 2 months now. Also, we have family coming at the end of the month so it will be nice to have everything finished to show off when they visit and the house won't be a construction zone.

I had the last 2 days off with Hubs and we definitly kept busy. Yesterday we went to Vancouver for the day and did some shopping at Ikea and Metrotown Mall. We picked up a great little piece from Ikea. Originally I wanted the one piece with 8 cubbies in it, but Hub's suggested we go with the 2 smaller 4 cubby one's. It was the same price either way, but Hub's said this way we can break them up or move them around easier. We also picked up a rubber backing for under our living room mat so it won't move around, a wooden train set and heart twin dovet cover my my step daughters bed and a few mirrors that we put on the wall above our new ikea furniture piece. I will have to take pics and post them when we have daylight.

Today was such a nice sunny day that we decided to take advantage of it and get some yardwork and unpacking done. Hubs and I finally packed away some stuff and put it down in our crawlspace now that its done. While Hub's went out and mowed the lawn I did some more unpacking inside. I moved some furniture around and set up the spare guest room. I unpacked the majority of the boxes left in our room and a couple more in my step-daughters room. In total I think I unpacked another 15 boxes today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment