Monday, May 30, 2011

Catch-up post....

It's been a few days since I've last posted, time just seems to go by way to quick. One of the biggest updates I have is our home reno's are finally done!!!!! I'm so excited that we wont have to deal with construction anymore and we can start putting our finishing touches into those spaces. I promise there will be pictures to comes once the finishing touches are added.

Last Wed all the terms at my job (including myself) got termination papers. I know I mentioned we all had to reapply for our jobs and since they won't know by the 30 day timeframe to say who did/didn't recieve a job, they gave us all our 30 day notice that our contracts won't be extended past June 30th. Right now, I'm kinda going back and forth on how I feel about this. Obviously, no one wants to lose their job, but it was never my ideal job and I often wonder if its just Karma's way of telling me I need to move on to bigger and better things. Don't get me wrong, I still worry about trying to find another job and our monthly payments but the thought of spending the summer on EI is also a little tempting..... and we wont be hurting to much if I don't have an income right away. Hub's income can keep us afloat for our lifestyle now minus eating out and a few luxury buys.

Another reason why I'm so excited the reno's are done is my grandparents and one of my Aunts will be visiting from across the country. They get here tomorrow afternoon and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen my grandparents since Hub's and I got married last summer and its been at least 5 years since I've seen my Aunt. My Aunt has never been here so it will be fun showing her around and showing them all our new pride and joy.... the house.

On another note.... baby fever is still around. There are so many people around me who are expecting this fall its crazy. Many of of blogger friends are having babies. At work alone, a coworker is due in Sept, a cook's wife is due in Nov, my boss's wife is due in late summer, another cook's wife is due again this Dec (yes she just had her 2nd last Dec) and another of my coworkers is going to be a grandma in Nov. Thats 5 new babies to be expected this fall alone... or possibly 6. My coworker goes for her ultrasound tomorrow to find out if its twins and possibly the sex(s). Hub's and I have talked about it and obviously with my impending job loss, right now isn't an ideal time to have a baby. Hub's also wants to wait until we have been in the house for a year so that we know we will be ok with all the payments, we can get our reno's done and just enjoy a little more us time. I totally understand where he is coming from and don't want to rush because once we have a kid its ours. We would like to take another trip to mexico and possibly another one with a couple of his friends somewhere else. We would also like to reno our kitchen cupboards, update the main bathroom and paint/put new carpeting in the 2 other bedrooms. So for now I will bask myself in all the new babies to be and look at all the cute baby stuff out there.

On another note I have a wedding ring story I have to tell you all in another post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment