Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long Weekend Gardening

It's a long weekend here and I am lucky enough to have this weekend off even though I do work the Holiday Monday (Which is fine by me since I get double time pay!!). Yesterday a coworker of mine came over and helped me tackle our badly over grown garden in the front yard. The garden had been neglected by the previous owner for probably the last year so when we bought the house in March, the garden definitly needed some TLC. Between working so much and the cold, rainy weather, Hub's and I didn't get much of a chance to get out and weed. Earlier in the week, I decided it had to get done, so I asked for the help of a coworker who loves gardening, to come over and at least help us get the garden in some sort of shape that will allow me to care for it a lot easier. My coworker did an amazing job. She was here for 6 hrs and got a garbage can full of weeds and then some. She helped identify many of the plants we have, as well as trimmed back an old dead shrub, cleaned our shed and prunned back our blueberry bush. If it wasnt for here I don't think the garden would ever look like it does now. It still needs a little refining work but it looks 100x better then it did. I'm hoping to get back out there today for a little and do a little fine tuning.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend or longweekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment