Monday, July 9, 2012

Thirty Things- Your Relationship with your parents

#3 on the list of Thirty Things is to describe your relationship with your parents.
I get along great with my parents. I'm not one of those people who have to call home everyday, but I do try to call home at least once a week even if its just to say a quick hi. Growing up I had a good relationship with my parents, I never went through the rough teen years with them. I have had my differences with my mom (I wont get into why) and it lasted a couple of years earlier in life and again just a couple years ago but things are all settled now and better then ever. My dad and I had a few differences when I moved out and decided to get married (what dad wouldnt with their first born), but again everything is great now. With things happening lately (my mom getting cancer) I realize life is just way to short to be mad at someone and you never know how long you have with someone. When I found out my mom has cancer, I felt so guilty for having not really talked to her for almost a year before she was diagnosed and to then think I could lose her at anytime. It really is an eye opener as to how important and fragile your relationship with your parents really are. I want my parents to be involved in my life, know and see their grandkids and live to a ripe old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment