Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thirty Things- Family Dynamic Then vs Now

#24 on the list of Thirty Things is describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs your family dynamic now.

My family dynamic growing up was one where my parents where always home for supper, we ate at the dinner table, celebrated all holidays with all our family, we ate at home more then we ate out, I got tucked in at bedtime with a story, had times with my dad not around (he was military) and my parents where together.

My family now consists of Hubs and I working crazy work hours (we both work shift work), we often eat in front of the tv (even though we own a dining room table) or alone if the other is working, celebrate some holidays with family (my family now all lives out of province and Hubs family lives quite a drive away and often times we are both racking in the OT on holidays), we eat out frequently, neither of us are military and no kids involved yet other then stepdaughter here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment