Sunday, October 14, 2012

Updates

*I can't believe October is almost over and I feel like I have barely posted on my blog. Since my mom and sister went back home I've been catching up on school work and I'm trying to get a little ahead.

*For Thanksgiving, Hubs and I both worked the morning shift, which meant we were able to actually have Thanksgiving dinner together again this year. Last year we bought a turkey meal from a local grocery store which included everything (turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, pie, dressing and gravy). This year we just decided to go out and eat since it would only be the 2 of us and last year we had so many leftovers (We had a couple people cancel out on dinner with us).

We called around and decided to go to a local restaurant just a short walk from our home. Since the weather was so nice, we went for a walk, then ended up at the restaurant. Luckily we got there early as many people had already made reservations and we were able to eat and be out before the reservations started. For $12.95 we got a complete turkey dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, veggies and cranberry sauce. Unfortunately, the meal didn't come with a dinner roll, but I was pretty stuffed by the end of it, so Hubs and I decided to split a piece of pumpkin pie.

*Since my mom's been home, she had an MRI done and her results came back that the tumor has shrunk and she is allowed to drive again. Hopefully she will be able to return to work in the New Year after she has another MRI.

*After having a beautiful summer with very little rain, the last few days have been super rainy, cloudy, grey and cool. We went from having temperatures in the 20's to low 10's.

*Hubs and I also booked an unexpected trip to Cuba! I won't say when we are going or where until after we get back for safety reasons. But we are super excited and can't wait to explore a new country.

No comments:

Post a Comment