Friday, October 5, 2012

Holy Moly It's October

I can't believe it's October already. The 3 weeks my mom and sister were here just flew by. I have so much to talk about and not enough time to do it in right now so for now here is a brief update.

Initially, I only knew my mom was coming out to visit. The day she arrived, Hubs kept calling me asking me when I would be home (I had to return something quickly on my way home). I figured he and my mom might suprise me and come into town to meet me. They didn't come into town, so I figured it was just Hubs being up to his antics of tricking me. When I got home, my mom and I talked for a  few minutes when Hubs said I should show my mom her room. I was a little suprised that he hadn't already done so considering she had been there for 4 hrs already. I grabbed her suitcase and brought it down to the spare room and as I was about to set it down my sister popped up from beside the bed. I was so suprised to see her and so excited I would be spending 3 weeks with her as well.

While my mom and sister were here we did lots and lots (and I mean lots) of shopping. We hit all the malls in our area, and also shopped till we dropped downtown. The day we went and shopped downtown we also went for supper with a good friend of mine at Swiss Chalet.

I was a little hesitant at going to Swiss Chalet. Hubs and I had a couple of previous bad experiences with the place and weren't sure if we wanted to go back. I read up on some current reviews and they were mixed good and bad. In the end I have to say, the food was excellent, came out hot and was a pretty filling meal for $35 before taxes and tip (for the 3 of us). Because my sister has an SPC card she was able to get a free appetizer with her meal. My only complaint with Swiss Chalet is that the dining room is far to open and you dont feel as though you get any privacy and we felt as thouhg we were sitting right on top of the table next to us.

Also while my mom and sister were here we did the following:

-Went to Buchart Gardens
-Ate at the Brentwood Bay Lodge, The Noodle Box, MayGold Village, IHop, Buffet on BC Ferries
-Went to Vancouver (Stanley Park, Metro town, Ikea)
-Went to the Women's expo
-Went to the Fall Fashion night at a local mall

I'll post more about these fun times in upcoming posts. I just wanted to write them down so I remembered to blog about them.

Currently, I'm getting back into the school work and enjoying working at my new desk, my Hubs built for me.

The weather right now has been soo nice. It barely rained while my mom and sister were here. During the day the temperature averages 20oC. The mornings and evenings are getting cooler, averaging around 5-7oC. It's also getting dark here by about 7:45, which means I'm barely home from work before it gets dark now. I'm already wishing summer was back.

No comments:

Post a Comment