Saturday, August 25, 2012

Writers Block

For some reason lately I've felt at a stand-still when it comes to blogging. I'm reading all the wonderful posts of fellow bloggers but feel like I have no clue what to write about.

My mom is coming to visit from Sept 13-Oct 3rd. I'm super excited to have her here for 3 weeks! We have a few things planned to do already and I'm sure there will be plenty more fun times planned.

Hubs and I will be camping again next week for 3 days. I'm quite impressed we were able to get out twice in one summer. Also, Hubs will be going to pick up his grandfather's truck after we finish camping. This means our second car will be going up for sale. I'm a little on the fence about owning a truck (gas guzzler, big, etc) however Hubs feels like it will be beneficial when we do yardwork, need to do a dump run, etc (so I guess we will see).

On a positive note, Hubs and I have made huge progress in decluttering our house (not hoarders bad by any means). Our house isn't dirty and filled floor to ceiling. The clutter we have is just stuff we both have kept over the years and furniture that out grew us or doesnt work in our new home. We were able to get rid of a microwave stand, 2 octagonal side tables, and soon a 27inch old style tv.  We've also been able to get rid of boxes from video games, our new blender and a few other things we kept just in case we needed to return the item. Since we're going camping, we've also made a burn box for papers that we intend to burn. It's been such a huge relief getting rid of so much stuff we dont use and dont have a need for. It makes our home feel more spacious and gives us the room to bring in items we do need.

I've also updated my 101 in 1001.

No comments:

Post a Comment