Friday, August 17, 2012

Fat Burger Review

On our last set of days off, Hubs and I decided to venture downtown to do a little shopping. On our way out of the mall we walked past Fat Burger and decided to stop and check it out. Since we aren't downtown to often we thought we would try it out for lunch as we've heard so much about the place since it recently opened.

Their menu isn't too big (for burger options anyway) and I found it kind of confusing on how to order and even read the menu. Hubs and I both ordered the original burger, a side of fries and water to drink (their lunch special that day was a burger and fri combo for $7).

We picked a table (luckily it wasn't very busy as the restaurant isn't very big with just a  handful of tables) and waited for them to bring our food out. The food arrived fairly quick and was hot. Unfortunately, my overall impression of my burger and fries was unimpressive. The fries weren't my favorite (I'd pick fries at other restaurants over these ones) and the burger wasn't very memorable. You get to pick the toppings for your burger (I had mustard, mayo, onions, tomato and lettuce). The burger patty itself was nice and thick and reminded me of a homemade burger, but it just wasn't doing it for me. It was a bit of a let down as I've heard so many good things about Fat Burger. Unfortunately, I don't think Hubs and I will be returning.

Overall, Fat Burger is an ok spot for a quick bite to eat, just don't expect an amazing burger. I have heard the milkshakes are amazing, although we didn't try them. I will give them kudo's for the decor. The restaurant is extremely well decorated and a nice change from the "fast food" look many other burger joints have. According to Hubs, the bathrooms were "cool". So if nothing else, I guess its a great place for a pit stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment