Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Random catchup

So I've been back to work at my old job for just about a week now and all I can say is I really miss working in the office. I miss being able to wear normal clothes, I miss the 7-3 work schedule, I miss my coworker, and I miss feeling like I'm making a difference. 

It sucks to feel like I'm doing mind numbing work, being short staffed and working my butt off is definitely no fun. I'm not knocking my job, I mean some people absolutely love this type of work and that's awesome, it's just not my ideal type of work.

It also sucks that work denied my time off for my best friends wedding. I had my leave in months ago and it took until just recently for them to give me the answer that they denied my leave. The reason is they are so short staffed, which frankly is not my problem but I'm left to feel the after effects of it. Thank god I hadn't booked my flights yet but I did purchase my dress. They hadn't started the alterations yet so I might be in luck that they may take the dress back as I haven't brought it home yet (fingers crossed). 

I can't believe I won't be there for the most important day in my best friends life. Even though I won't be there in person I will be there in spirit.

I start the practicum portion of my course pretty quick. I have my "job interview" for it tomorrow morning so I hope that goes well.

Today we had some vents put into our roof so our bathroom fans will vent properly. We hope to get our gutters redone in the next month or so as we'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment