Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sad day....

It's with great sadness that I share that Hubs grandfather passed away Saturday night. He had been home in palliative care for a little over 2 weeks before he passed. We were lucky enough to get the chance to go visit him a couple weeks ago, to say our goodbyes and see him one last time. It's hard to believe he is gone and I know its going to be hard to visit Hubs grandmother and not have his grandfather around. Even though I've only known Hubs grandfather for 4 years, it feels like he was my own grandfather. He was one of the nicest, family oriented men I have ever met. I became an instant part of Hubs family when I met his grandfather. He welcomed me with open arms and was so excited when he found out Hubs and I were going to get married. He will be greatly missed by all his family, and I wish our future children would have gotten the chance to meet him. He loved all his grandchildren dearly. I'm glad that he went peacefully and at home where he wanted to be with his loving wife with him. You may be gone but you'll never be forgotten. You'll be the peak a boo of sun on a cloudy day, the rainbow after the storm and the brightest star in the sky.

We love and miss you dearly,
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment