Sunday, June 17, 2012

NYC Nail Polish Review

I'm not branded to one particular type of nail polish. I've tried OPI, Essie, NYC, Wet & Wild, Rimmel, etc etc, and don't seem to find a huge difference between them, other then price (I know some of you girls would beg to differ). For me, its more about the color, then it is about the "how long will it last", "what top/undercoats are built in", etc etc. I've got my fair share of the standard colors (pinks, reds, blues) and have wanted to start branching out with some less common ones (i.e. I recently purchased "Little Brown Dress" from Essie). Since the summer is fast approaching, I wanted to find a summery color.... something bright, something that speaks summer.

While in Walmart the other day, I decided to have a quick peak at what colors they had. I came across a display of NYC polish, and there it was.... a bright, sunny yellow called "Lexington Yellow". Normally I'm not one for yellow nail polish, as I find it washes me out, but this one had the right undertone to it. And who could beat the price at 2 for $3.00! I came home and tried it right away and was happy to find it wasn't too translucent. It take 2-3 coats to get it looking opaque depending on how thick you apply it, but its fun and bright, and inexpensive.

I also happened to come across the NYC "Matte Me Crazy" Mattifying top coat.


I haven't really explored to much with textures other then a normal top coat, with the exception of the OPI Turquoise Shatter polish so I figured what the heck. It's actually quite a fun clear coat. It removes the Shiny finish of any nail polish and makes it Matte (gives each polish 2 possible looks) and you can even use it to give your natural nails a matte finish. I tried it over the Lexington Yellow and it toned it down a little bit. I think as we move into the fall and winter I'm going to have a lot more fun with this topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment