Friday, August 19, 2011

Fall is around the corner

It's funny how I couldn't wait until summer arrived and some days I feel like I'm still waiting for it to show up. Now as we are nearing the end of August, I can't wait for fall to arrive. I can't wait for leaves to change colors, the air to turn cooler and the comfort foods that come with fall. I think what's making me so excited for fall this year, is to celebrate all the new holidays for the first time in our house. As the days roll by, I think about Thanksgiving and Christmas and having lights and a tree up. Where we were renting before, we didn't have a lot of space for a big tree and we both agreed we would wait until we bought a house to buy a Christmas tree (so we can see what will fit/work in our space). 

Before fall arrives we plan on painting our 2 spare rooms and putting in new carpet and baseboards. We actually hope to get one of the rooms painted while I'm off the next 5 days. We also hope to get in a trip to Mexico. We've been trip searching the last few months, and prices are slowly starting to come down. We might have to wait a few more weeks to get within the timeframe we want to go for the price we want. I also want to lose a little weight before we go away so to make myself a little more accountable, I'm going to start fitness Fridays on my blog to keep myself feeling obligated.

No comments:

Post a Comment