Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers Better Bring May Flowers

We are just barely into April and I have to say I'm sick of the rain already. All it seems to do is rain, rain, rain.... all I ask for is a little sun. I'd love to be able to open the window's, let the fresh air in and get out and do some gardening in our new yard.

Reno's have come to a bit of a standstill and should be back in progress on Wed. Our contractor at least came back today and moved/hooked up our washer and dryer so at least we can do laundry now. I haven't done much else with regards to unpacking other then hanging some clothes up in our closet. On my way home from work on Sunday Hubs called me and asked me to stop and pick up something to clean our wood floors and kitchen (our poor floors looked white from all the drywall dust). In our old home we had an old school mop where you get it wet and squeeze the water out of the sponge on the bottom and clean the floors. Having the new wood floors the mop wouldn't do. I ended up stopping at Canadian Tire and looked at what they had. I ended up going with the Swiffer Wet Jet Mop. It was perfect because it didn't use large amounts of water (which we can't use on our floors) and there are various hardwood and general floor cleaners available. I picked up the swiffer wet jet kit which included 2 cleaning pads and a bottle of general floor cleaner as well as a an extra bottle of hardwood floor cleaner and a box of 24 extra pads. I brought it home and tried it out. I have to say I love it!! I used the hardwood cleaner on our hardwood and it picked the drywall dust right up, the same thing with the other cleaner in the kitchen. I used a different pad for each room because there was so much drywall dust everywhere. I'm not overly pleased that the swiffer used 4 AA batteries (at least they weren't overly expensive to purchaase), but I'm hoping they last a while. What I do enjoy is that the pads are easy to put on and remove and the cleaning bottles come specially designed so that they don't leak and can be interchanged easily. This means no measuring of the cleaning product and I just give it a quick squeeze of the button to dispense.

I need a break from all the moving and cleaning and unpacking. Just to give you an idea, I worked 7 days straight, packed/cleaned on my 2 days off, worked another day, then on my next 2 days off (which I took off from work) we moved our whole house and cleaned our old place completely. Then I went back to work for 7 days and came home to house reno's and trying to make our new home at least liveable. Now on these 2 days off I decided I needed a break from everything. I'm burnt out, I came home from work yesterday and slept most of the evening while Hubs worked. Today we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, came home and we both had a nap. I was so tired that I didn't wake up until Hubs came and woke me up saying lunch was ready. Tomorrow Hubs and I have off together and we plan on enjoying a day of doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment