Sunday, September 8, 2013

Me Update

Seems like I took a bit of a blogging break from here the month of August. We have certainly been busy the last little while so here is an update:

* I was busy the end of July/beginning of August doing my practicum for school
* I finished school.
* We went to the airshow in Comox.
* We visited Hubs family for 4 days while up at the airshow.
* We got to see one of Hubs best friends who lives hours away. He was visiting family and took his own family to the airshow, so we were able to catch up which was awesome.
* We ended up doing a day trip to Texada Island and stopping in to visit Hubs grandmother and aunt up island on the way home.
* Hubs turned down a job on Texada.... There really is nothing there... trust me
* Been busy applying for medical transcription jobs
* In the process of getting our gutters replaced. We have new vents in our roof, now we just need to get new gutters and ceiling fans put in in the bathrooms.
* We hacked down our blackberry bush in the yard. Thank god, that thing was starting to take over.
* Hubs stepdad and stepmom came down to visit us overnight a week ago, so we were busy getting the house ready for their visit.
* My sister was accepted into a dental assisting program after being on the wait list for just about 2 years. She got the call last minute a week ago to start school this week. So excited and proud of her.
* My brother starts his 2nd year of university today!! He is also the proud owner of a Rolex... or an investment piece as he calls it.
* My best friend forever gave me exciting news today!! Will share once she announced it.
* We are thinking about taking another trip in the fall..... I know... I know..... lol
* Hubs got his bridgewatch ticket the end of August. I am so proud of him. He worked so hard to get the ticket and it means he is 1 step closer to his final goal.
* My mom is doing good, all tests are coming back great!!
* The busy season at work has slowed down, thank god... So from here on out (Until February anyway) it is quiet season WOO HOO!!!

Right now life is pretty darn good. Both Hubs and I are making progress in our future goals. We are happy with our little home and looking forward to having fall arrive.

Can't believe Thanksgiving will be here in a little over a month. Summer seemed to fly by this year, and even though we didn't get out camping, we still did lots and enjoyed the weather. I must admit though, I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures, the smell of pumpkin and for some more baking to begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment