Monday, July 29, 2013

End of July

Here we are nearing the end of July already.... I swear July just started and Hubs and I were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.

My best friend will soon be married a month already!

One of Hubs good friends will be a first time dad in just under a month now.

Even though summer is half over, I feel like it is just beginning. We haven't had any super hot weather here really, other then the odd day or so. The days already seem to be getting darker earlier, even though I feel it doesn't stay daylight until very late anyway.

We haven't even been camping yet this summer! We are hoping to go to the local airshow in mid August. We looked at camping then, but campsites are super booked up already. We have been to the Butchart gardens and hope to get back for the night illuminations before the summer is over.

I'm also hoping to get up to see Hubs family. I haven't seen them since just after Christmas. We have seen his dad and step-mom at least. Was nice to get away and visit for a couple days.

Right now we don't have to much going on. Hubs is nearing the end of the requirements for his next ticket at work. Work for me is same old as usual. At least now we have some staff!!

We are also getting our gutters replaced. We had roof vents put in last month, and now we are just waiting on the guy to come and replace our leaky old gutters with nice new ones. We are also hoping to replace our bathroom fans as 1 doesn't work anymore and the other one is so noisy!

Other then that, we aren't really planning a trip away in the fall (decided to be more responsible adults and save some money...) We said that the last couple times and it didn't work out so well but we really mean it this time. We still hope to get away in the spring to somewhere warm. We would also like to plan a trip out to see my parents sometime soon as it has been a while since we have been out there (6 years since Hubs has been out there, for me it was last summer).

My mom is doing really good. She had another MRI done a couple weeks ago and everything is looking great (So thankful that she has her health and for the wonderful doctors who have done so much for her these last couple years).

School is going great. I am in the downward slope of my practicum with only 2 weeks left to go!! I have to do 100 hours of practicum time and have already completed 61 and a bit hours. Then it is 1 more final exam and I will graduate. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by already. I remember debating whether or not I wanted to take the course and finally bit the bullet and signed up. I remember in my first couple weeks being so nervous about being back in school and wondering how I would manage working full time and school full time.... but somehow I have managed. Certainly there have been lots of late nights, early mornings and tired weeks just trying to fit everything in. I will be so thankful for the doors this course will open for me, but at the same time I can't wait to get my life back and go back to having days off again where I'm not burning the midnight oil, but can actually relax and do odd things around the house without worrying that I am taking away from school. I'm sure Hubs will be glad to have me back (as much as he supports me taking this course and working for a better job, I know he misses being able to spontaneously go places and do things).

Now that I wrote a mini novel, I must sign off for now and get back to the school work as it won't finish itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment