Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Post

First off, Happy May long weekend everyone. I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. Unfortunately here, the weather is supposed to be rainy Sunday and Monday. I'm praying for sunny weather on Sunday as we are attending a wedding.

Secondly, I want to wish my mom and grandmother a belated Happy Mother's Day. We were in Mexico on Mother's day so I wasn't able to call my mom, but I did send a card before I left on vacation.

-My mom's treatments are going ok. She finished radiation and is now doing 6 months of chemo. The chemo is having more of an affect on her then the radiation but overall she is doing well.
-Our bathroom still isn't finished yet, we are getting there I promise. We did buy new towels and a shower curtain before we went away. I can't wait to update our bathroom with new towels. Our old towels were bought when we first moved in together (chocolate brown and ice blue) and now have ink stains (oops for putting a pen in the dryer) and I'm getting a little tired of the ice blue. Our new towels are a neutral shade of brown and a charcoal grey.
-We finally decided to cut off our cable for the summer. We talked about it for a while and finally made the phone call the other night. We're just tired of paying for reruns and a summer of no new shows. We'll connect the cable again in the fall. Besides, with summer approaching we'll be busy with the gym and enjoying being outside.
-We have some summer plans for the outside of the house, we'd like to repaint our deck, get the garden in better shape and possibly redo our deck.
-I'm flying home to Halifax in just over a month for my brother's graduation. It's been almost a year since I've been home and it will be nice to be back and see everyone.
-I want to try and make a flan this summer.
-Hubs and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in July
-My birthday is coming up in just over a month

No comments:

Post a Comment