Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back From Mexico

Hubs and I just got back yesterday from our amazing 2 week trip to Mexico. We stayed at the Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort and Spa. We had such an amazing time, the Riviera Maya was gorgeous as always and hot hot hot! The average temp was 32oC and we didn't have any rain in the 2 weeks we were there.

We only did 1 excursion this time, as we have seen the ruins already and have done a few other excursions in prior trips to Mexico. We decided this would be more of an R & R trip. The one excursion we did do, was the Atlantis Submarine in Cozumel. The submarine ride itself was 45min and went to a depth of over 120ft. We seen a wide variety of fish, a shark, reefs, coral, etc. With this excursion we were also able to do some shopping on Cozumel, we had lunch at the smallest Hard Rock Cafe in the world, and had a boat ride (to get to the submarine). The trip also included the ferry ride to Cozumel and some shopping in Playa Del Carmen.

I actually got a tan on this vacation! Its so hard for me to tan, so I'm glad I actually got some color, as well as a sun burn on my shoulders. The food was amazing, the drinks were great and plentiful and the beach was relaxing. We were able to get in a Catamaran ride and a bunch of snorkeling. As well, we took in the nightly shows.

One funny story I have to share is while Hubs and I were snorkeling. I found a couple of small fish and was able to get up quite close to them. I called Hubs over and said they seemed friendly. It wasn't long until one of the fish was swimming under Hubs. We didn't think anything of it, and just after I popped up from under the water, Hubs jumped out of the water saying the fish bit his nipple. I didn't really believe him at first until I looked and said the fish drew blood. We both started to laugh as it was quite funny since when does a small fish get that close to a human. Luckily Hubs was ok and didnt get an infection from the bite.

The service and staff were amazing as always at the Catalonia. We had a welcome drink upon arrival and were upgraded since it was our second stay. This meant we had free use of the sauna and hot tub in the spa, a room upgrade, free Wifi and a few other things.

As for safety, we felt completely safe in Mexico from the time of our arrival until we left. We even walked around Puerto Adventuras in the dark alone, and were fine.

It was definitly a well deserved and needed vacation. I'd recommend this resort to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment