Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wedding Flowers

I always knew that I wanted flowers to be part of my wedding day. I wanted flowers to be at the reception and ceremony. Picking the type of flowers and colors was harder then it looked (So many types and colors and styles). I kept going back and forth on colored flowers vs white flowers for myself and in the end a mix of white and colored flowers won out. I also ended up going with more of a cascading look for my bouquet instead of the stick like look that seemed so popular when I got married.


Hubs had a pink rose boutanere and the groomsmen and important male guests all had white rose boutanere's. I used a fake white rose hair clip in my hair with white crystals (to match my bouquet) and white feathers.

My bouquet consisted of white lilies, white freesia, pink roses and some greenery, along with white crystal picks. The girls had creame and pink roses, white freesia and greenery. All our bouquets were wrapped in chocolate brown ribbon and had a crystal initial brooch for each girl (The girls initials were the first letter of their name and mine was the first initital of my new last name).

Our cake had white crystal sugar orchids hand made to match the orchids in the centerpieces

We used white orchids in our centerpieces. We decided with white, so they would provide a contrast to the darkness on the tables

Closeup of the pink roses and freesia in my bouquet

Closeup of the lilies in my bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment