Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Wedding Dress

Searching for a wedding dress wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be. I didn't have any real idea of what I wanted to wear, other then I didn't want it to be too poofy (since I'm only 5''1'), I wanted a train, it needed to be white and fairly inexpensive (under $1000). I started looking for a dress in May 2009 for our July 2010 wedding. Since my family lives on the other side of the country, I went shopping alone. At first I thought I would be bothered by this, but it enabled me to figure out what I liked on my own.
I went to 3 bridal shops and just started trying on all types of dresses in different silhouettes and fabrics, from plain to fairly embellished. I had it narrowed down to a couple dresses in 2 different shops when one of the consultants mentioned a dress. She brought it too me, I tried it on, and I absolutely fell in love with it. The dress was completely me, it wasn't over the top, had a train, was white and flattered me (I'm a little on the larger side but not overweight for my height). 

It was completely fate that I found my dress, as when I came back a week later to show my mom and grandmother, the sample dress had been sold. Since my family wasn't around when I started looking for dresses, when they did come out to visit I set up appointments to do some dress shopping with my mom, sister and grandmother when they came to visit. I showed them my top dresses and let them pick dresses they wanted me to try on to help them feel part of the process.

My dress ended up being Mori Lee- Style 4501. The description on the website is that the dress has "soft draping vreating the contoured cuff on the sweetheart strapless neckline. Asymmetrical draping forms the fit and flared gown finishing at the bubble hemline. Soft draping surrounds the corset tie back and onto the chapel length train".

This is a pic taken from the Mori Lee website

This is a pic taken from the Mori Lee website. Love the bubble hemline

This is a pic taken from the Mori Lee website

This is a photo from me gettigng ready on my wedding day. Love the corset back


Back of the dress.

I received so many compliments on my dress on our wedding day. Even the photographer commented on how he has never seen a dress like it and it photographed extremely well.

My veil was a chapel length veil with swarovski crystal embellishments scattered on it. I picked it up on a local buy and sell site for $90, which was a steal, considering the original owner paid over $300 for it. It was in perfect condition and made me feel like a bride. I wore the veil for the entire reception as well.

Here is a picture of the veil on the original owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment