Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Traditions quiz

I came across this survey over at Baby Schmizz, and thought it would be fun to do.

Christmas Traditions

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitly hot chocolate. I love chocolate of any kind, and when its warm who could ask for more? I generally don't drink to much egg nogg, a cup or 2 over the holiday season is enough for me. 


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps all the presents. Part of the fun is unwrapping the presents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Definitly colored lights on the tree and outside. I like to use white lights on the garland.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not in our home, we don't have any. When I was younger my parents used to hang mistletoe.
5. When do you put your decorations up? December 1st or the first weekend in Dec if its early enough. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My favorite holiday dish is my grandmothers stuffing and gravy.  

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Watching Charlie Brown's Christmas, and all the other Christmas classics. 

 
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure, it might have been when I asked santa to leave a bootprint and he left a boot mark on a paper towel that looked a lot like my dads work boot.
   
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a child we opened one present on Christmas eve,  now Hubs and I open presents whenever because we both have busy Christmas working schedules.
 10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We decorate the tree with lights, garland, christmas balls, and tinsle.  Our current tree is only 3 ft tall so it runs out of room fast. We do however have an ornament from ech year of being together (i.e. first christmas together, first married christmas together, this year I plan to get first house together ornament). We also plan on purchasing a bigger tree this season.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!! 

12. Can you ice skate? I can, but I'm not great at it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have many favorite Christmas gifts from over the years. My most favorite current one is my engagement ring I received 12/13/08.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and friends and all the yummy food.
 15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My favorite holiday desserts are sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, ginger cookies, gingerbread men, mincemeat pie. 

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Buying a new ornament each year for our tree and sending out Christmas cards.


17. What tops your tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.


19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YYummy, I love the old fashioned candy canes. Just eating one, putting them in hot chocolate, or crushing them and putting them on baked items.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas


21. Saddest Christmas Song? I love all Christmas songs

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? H love all Christmas songs

No comments:

Post a Comment