Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

I came across this recipe for pumpkin pancakes on one of my favorite blogs Heather Drive. Everyone knows about my love for pumpkin and I thought this recipe would be a perfect addition to my recipe collection.

Ingredients:- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions:1. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, eggs, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
2. In a separate, larger bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
3. Add pumpkin/milk mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
4. Heat a lightly oiled (I use nonstick spray) griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Pour or scoop batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment