Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A few updates

Time is definitly passing by quick, its been a few days since I've last posted. Not too much is new, hence the reason why I haven't posted. I worked 7 days straight, mon-sun and now enjoying my 2 days off. We still haven't heard anything at work with regards to whether or not I'm keeping my job. It was supposed to be posted by the 10th, then they came around and said they hope by sometime this week. I'm just getting frustrated with not knowing. I mean, I don't really want to go on EI, sure it would be nice but grrrr its such a hassle. On a positive note though, it would get me out of working in the food industry. I guess I wish my job would have been around for another month or so then ended but I can't have everything.

In more happier news I'm going to my friends baby shower this Thurs night! I've already bought her gift which I found at a great little consignment/new baby stuff store called Kiddin Around. It's a great store being that there's the mix of new items and awesome used items (all the used items are name brand and look practically brand new) at dirt cheap prices. I ended up getting my friend an adorable newborn hat, 4 pair of baby socks, a couple onesie's (with an ocean theme), peepee teepee's, no scratch mittens, and a couple other outfts. I also picked up a couple items to add to our baby box. I found an adorable sleeper with an open bottom thats 100% organic cotton and made in Canada (its completely gender neutral which is one of the rules Hub's has for me buying stuff so early), I also picked up a Canucks onesie and a couple pairs of Rumbo Canucks slipper shoes. Another amazing deal I picked up on was BornFree bottles. They came in a set of 3 BPA free plastic bottles and a sippy cup for $13 from the original price of $55. I picked up 2 sets of them because who can beat that deal and even if we do breastfeed we can always pass them along or use them in someway or another.

Next wed, I head back home to visit my family and see my sister graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment