Saturday, December 18, 2010

Work... and Work Christmas Party

Woohoo!! Yesterday was my last official day working at my workplace for this year. Every year my workplace closes for 2 weeks at Christmas and we can either take the time off work or work at another location. I decided to work at another location to earn overtime since Hubs works mostly over Christmas.

We had a cookie exchange at work on Wed and it turned out awesome. For those not familiar with a cookie exchange, you basically have a sign up sheet for everyone involved and pick a date to exchange cookies. Each person bakes a dozen cookies for each other person in the change and on the chosen date when you exchange cookies you end up with a few dozen different cookies to take home. Its a great way to try new cookies and not have to bake all the varieties at home.

After work yesterday myself and a few coworkers got together at a pub for a few Christmas drinks. It was great to get together with just those from my workplace and enjoy a little downtime.

 Last night was my work Christmas party. In the past, I haven't gone to work Christmas parties but last night after coworkers saying me and Hubs should go we decided to go. Poor Hubs wasn't feeling very good, but did go to the party for a bit. I'm glad he was able to go even if it was only for a short time. I have to say I enjoyed the party, there was a great turn out and it was nice to see coworkers from all different workplaces within the organizations getting together and having a good time. I also had a little luck last night as well. I won the 50/50 draw (thanks to Hubs buying the tickets before he left) and a bottle of Bailey's. All in all it was a great way to start the Christmas holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment