Monday, March 10, 2014

Life lately

Life has been pretty hectic lately. I think that goes for pretty much everyone I know. It feels like all I do is work, work, work and the time flies by. I don't even remember February, its like we skipped from January to March!

A few new updates from us:

* I left my transcription job. It just wasn't working out. The pay was crap and the hours were long. But at least I left gracefully so I could always go back if I ever wanted to.
* My mom is doing good. Her last scan showed no change, but at least no change means no bad news so I'll take that.
* I applied for 2 jobs back the end of February and manage to get an interview for each one. One place called me back and actually offered me the job the other day, but unfortunately I think I am going to have to turn it down as the pay is a little lower then I'm willing to go to leave my current job. But hey it feels great to be wanted by someone!!
* I applied for a permanent CR 03 job at my current work. It closed on Friday so fingers crossed I  get it. It would mean no more food service and Monday to Friday for good! Here's hoping.
* I also think the timing of this new CR 03 job was an omen not to leave my current job. Funny how out of the blue I apply for 2 jobs, get interviews and hear about the CR 03 job just before I find out I'm offered one of the jobs. Like my grandmother says, everything happens for a reason.
* Hubs birthday is coming up pretty quick and I think its going to be a quiet one. Maybe go out for dinner or something as we are going to Halifax a month after. We looked into staying at the place we got engaged at but unfortunately its closed until April :(  I checked out a few other places and its like 300-400 a night eek!!! Which is a little steep, considering that's just a hotel stay, no food, booze or spa included in that price.
* Hubs and I went out for sushi the other night. He took me out after my interviews and we ended up sharing a few plates of sushi and having a drink. It was a nice night out... and a nice change to be sharing some appie's instead of ordering separate meals.
* This Thursday we are going for supper with a friend from work and her husband. We have been trying to get together for a while but with 4 schedules to fit together it can be tricky. We are going out for Chinese food and sushi!!! Can't wait.
* Same friend is getting a puppy this upcoming Friday. He is yet to be named but super adorable!! I kinda talked her into getting this puppy, but they have been thinking about it for a while (their other dog passed away due to old age and illness).
* We got rid of our new queen bed. It started getting a really weird hump in the middle of the bed so we had the store come out and take measurements of it and the company that made the bed said we could get a replacement under warranty as the bed was crappy. We've only had it 3 years in April and it was horrible. We ended up bringing the Hubs old bed back into our room and sleeping on it (it's 10+ years old but in way better condition then the one we purchased 3 years ago). We went to the store to look at replacements and the replacement bed for ours was really crappy. Mattresses seem to work like cars.... when you buy it its the Cadillac and a couple years later its the beater. Our mattress was top of the line when we bought it and the replacement for it now doesn't even have a pillow top. We didn't want to have to put extra money out to upgrade even further to a better bed so we took a store credit and decided to do away with the bed all together and got a super comfy futon. It has a pocket coil mattress and the wood matches the wood color of our desk which is also in the room. The material is a darker greenish grey color and works really well with the room. I think going with a  futon was a great idea. It still gives us extra sleeping space for guests, but when we don't have guests then the room is so much bigger and it can be used as seating space for us. We still have a bit of a credit left to use but we haven't decided what we will use it for.

Also an fyi..... who ever heard of such a high maintenance mattress. We were told we should have rotated it once a week for the first month we have it and then basically twice a month from there on out. Then we were told we should have also walked along the hump to wear it similar to the sides of the mattress. We were never told that when we bought the bed 3 years ago. Hubs old bed doesn't have this issue either.


(Our new futon. The patterned pillows are from our couch and the blanket and beige/brown pillow we also had laying around. The green pillows came with the futon. Everything seemed to fit well together)


No comments:

Post a Comment