Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sidney sparkles Santa parade and sail past


Last night hubs and I had a date night at the Sidney sparkles Santa parade and sail past. We have never been to any of the Christmas parades in our community as we are either away or working late shift when they are on. Luckily this year we were able to attend and I must say I was impressed. There was free hot apple cider, hot chocolate and shortbread cookies being given out by a local realty business. The parade was about an hour long, which really shocked me as I was expecting like 15 minutes or so. The floats and lights were impressive for such a small community. 








After the parade there was a sail past of lighted boats:







1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! Glad you guys made it a date night! Something to start as tradition when the kiddies arrive. I personally think that the parades have gotten better since we were kids and include much more dancers, bands and floats. It is about an hour long here too. The parade here is still in the afternoon but I think I prefer seeing all the lights lit up. The sailboats are a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete