Saturday, March 10, 2012

Get Better Hot Tea Remedy

I found this recipe over on What You Make It Blog, and even though I haven't tried it yet, I'm thinking I will be today. I woke up yesterday with a slightly sore throat and today I have a cough too, grrrr.

What you need: *All amounts are approximate. I don't measure, but toss the ingredients together. Experiment with how you prefer the flavor.*


Juice of 1 lemon or 1/4 cup lemon juice-----------Breaks up mucous; antibacterial; antiviral; immune boosting power

1/2 cup of honey (more or less to suit your tastes)-----Suppresses cough & relieves sore throat

1 Tablespoon whole cloves--------------------------Acts as a natural antiseptic

1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)----------------Adds some heat and clears out those sinuses!

Add ingredients to a saucepan and heat on the stove, then fill mug and enjoy. You can also make it by the single serving if you don't need such a large batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment