Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Engagaversary!

3 years ago today Hubs and I got engaged. Hubs decided to take me over to Pender Island, for what I thought would be a day of exploring since I had never been there. We were expecting snow that day, but luckily it hadn't started so Hubs took the plunge and decided to take me over anyway. When we got there, Hubs drove me to the bottom of Oak bluffs. We got out of the car, and he said we would be taking a hike up to the top of the bluffs. I put on my mittens as the air was starting to get quite chilly and I wanted to stay warm for the hike. When we got to the top of the bluffs, it was a beautiful site. We were overlooking the ocean and could see as far as the eye could see. We sat down on a bench and just looked out at the scenery. At one point Hubs said he thought we had each other mittens on, so I took mine off and thats when he gave a little heart warming speech and popped the question. Of course I said YES! We stayed up on the bluffs a little while longer before hiking down and heading for lunch (All the while, I couldn't stop stairing at my ring). After lunch we explored a little more and it started to snow. Where we live, we don't get too much snow (where I grew up we always had snow at Christmas) so it was fitting that it started to snow on the day Hubs proposed. We decided to head back home before we got stuck on the island in the snow. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment